Employers concerned about their employees may be able to improve their health and help them be more productive by creating tobacco-free workplaces. Many state and local governments now require workplaces to be smoke-free. Making your workplace completely tobacco-free can have an even greater impact. Both tobacco user and non-user employees may be helped by such policies.
Benefits to implementing a tobacco-free policy include:
- A tobacco-free environment creates a healthier work environment
- Tobacco users who want to quit may find it easier to achieve success
- Everyone is protected from secondhand smoke exposure
- Rates for health, life and disability insurance may be reduced as fewer employees use tobacco
- Reduced tobacco butt litter, creating a cleaner and healthier environment
How TACFL supports Tobacco-Free Worksites:
- Resources and guidance
- Sample policies
- Tobacco-Free signage
- Tobacco cessation resources
Tobacco-Free Worksites Toolkit
The Tobacco Action Coalition of the Finger Lakes works with employers to encourage them to adopt tobacco-free rules for their workplaces by offering a Tobacco-Free Worksites Toolkit.
If you’re interested in receiving the Toolkit, please submit the form on the right-hand side of the screen.
Want to know more?
For a copy of our Tobacco Free Workplace Toolkit, please fill out the contact form below.